Start learning to play piano today! Learning to play the piano is one of the best things you could do for yourself. If you have even the slightest desire to play piano, you should start right away! Read on to find out ten great reasons to learn to play the piano!
1) Learning to play piano has never been easier.
There are many ways to learn to play piano. You could learn piano by taking private lessons with a teacher, reading online tutorials, or using piano course books and watching DVD's.
2) Learning to play piano is a lot more affordable than you may think.
At the cost of eating out, you can purchase a good instructional DVD or book. I am particularly a fan of DVD's, since you can see and hear a lesson as many times as you want. It's almost like having a private teacher by your side 24 hours a day. Piano course books are also great. Many piano course books are now accompanied by an audio CD which lets you listen to the lessons inside the book.
3) Learning to play piano will give you something to share with your children or grand children.
Children naturally love music. You can entertain them with your favorite children songs. You might even attract enough of their interest that they will also want to learn! Give your children the gift of music.
4) Learning to play piano will give you the ability to perform your favorite songs anytime you feel like it! Everyone usually has a few songs in mind that they wished they could just sit down and play. Well, there is no better time than now to make that dream come true! Piano sheet music for all levels of difficulty is easily available at your local library, bookstore, or music store. There are even websites that sell printable electronic versions of sheet music online. The great thing about that is that some websites will even let you preview and hear samples of songs before you purchase!
5) Learning to play piano is a great way to entertain friends and family!
Imagine being able to play your favorite songs while everyone is singing along. It's a great bonding experience. You could even teach a few simple songs to those who are interested.
6) Learning to play piano is something you will be able to cherish for the rest of your life.
People keep playing the piano well into their 90's. The best thing is, the longer you play, the more you will learn, and the more enjoyment you will get out of it. Give your self this great gift now. Start learning to play the piano today!
7) Learning to play piano makes you a versatile musician.
The piano is an extremely versatile instrument. The piano is the only instrument that allows you to play multiple notes simultaneously with great ease. This means that you can perform really nice renditions of songs from any genre. This also makes the piano an ideal instrument for composing since it basically acts as a miniature orchestra. If you are composing music on the computer, the electronic piano keyboard serves as a perfect interface for entering notes in real-time into your music software.
8) Learning to play piano will allow you to listen to music with greater enjoyment and appreciation.
Since you will learn how songs are put together, your listening ability will become more refined. You will start to hear and notice more distinct details in the music that you listen to. Songs that you have been listening to for years will seem richer as you hear nuances that you have never noticed before. You may also start to enjoy songs from other genres of music that you would normally never listen to.
9) Learning to play piano is physically easy. The piano is much easier to pick up compared to other musical instruments.
Take the violin for example, which takes some serious practice to be able to make even a single pleasing sound by using the bow. Another example would be the guitar. There are so many tough fingering positions that you will need to learn to be able to play even the most basic chords. By learning the piano, anyone can easily play notes and chords in their first lesson.
10) Learn to play piano and join a rich tradition that is over 250 years old.
The piano has heavily influenced every major style of music since its first appearance. Today, pianists still use the piano keyboard to create great music, as heard by such performers like Gavin Degraw, Alicia Keys, and Vanessa Carlton. The piano is also being used behind the scenes as an instrument for composing music for movies, video games, plays, and much more.
There you have it! There are just so many great reasons to start playing the piano today. If you are even slightly convinced, I urge you to go ahead and give it a shot. It will be one of the best things you will ever do for yourself! You won't regret it!